Grafton – Health and Safety Assistant – Job Expired
Do you want to work with one of the UK’s market leading companies, the home of world class engineering and design excellence?
For decades they have been shaping skylines and delivering the modern build environment. They are currently recruiting for a Health and Safety Assistant to work at their site outside Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh.
As a Health and Safety Assistant your responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating the Health and Safety programme on all projects
- Advising site management on all Health and Safety matters
- Developing and maintaining project plans and coordinating the implementation of these
- Attending work pre-start safety meetings and providing advice on control measures
- Proactively advising and supporting the construction staff in each site to ensure company policy and standards are met
- Reviewing all sub contractors safety procedures and equipment and provide recommendations to the Project Manager
- Identifying training and certification needs and liaising with the Training Manager to fulfil these
- Completing site safety reports and undertaking specific audits as directed
- Carrying out safety inspections and report any findings in writing
- Representing the business at client safety meetings as required
- Investigating accidents and occurrences and producing a written report making recommendations.
The successful candidate for the Health and Safety role will have the following:
- Previous knowledge/experience in Health and Safety ideally in construction or manufacturing
- NEBOSH certification would be advantageous
- IT literate
- Ability to work quickly to meet deadlines
- Works well on own initiative and as part of a team
- Must have Driving Licence and access to a car as travel to various sites will be required
Hours of work:
- Mon – Thurs 8.30am – 5.30pm
- Fri 8.30am – 3.15pm
- The successful candidate will enjoy a dynamic working environment, excellent pay and conditions.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you’re looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button.