North – West News Group delivers local news and sport in print and multi media formats throughout Counties Donegal, Tyrone and Fermanagh. Our strength lies in our support and commitment to our local community and to meet the needs of our readership the Company is now seeking to establish a Freelance register for newly qualified and experienced :-
Required for community news reporting, feature writing and generating content for our digital platforms primarily across Co.Tyrone. We are seeeking journalists who can comfortably network within the local community and who can contribute to our Tyrone titles with concise, accurate copy working to deadline.
Applicants should have an eye for news, interviewing, and proof-reading skills. Moreover, an ability to build up effective working relationships is essential along with excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- a working knowledge of Tyrone
- strong written and interpersonal skills
- a keen interest in news, current affairs, business and people
- accurate spelling, grammar and punctuation
- good organisation skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- determination, flexibility, persistence, motivation and integrity
- A clean, valid drivers licence to meet requirements of the job in full.
To apply to the freelance register, please submit your CV to HR before 5pm, Friday 2 July 2021.
E: email@example.com. T : 028 8224 3444